The Lake Erie Region of the Antique Automobile
Club of America was formed in November 1952. Rudy Ribbeck's
Auto Service on Old Bailey Avenue at Seneca Street was used for
meetings. During the summer of 1952, a group of old car lovers
would go to parades, etc., and soon the required minimum of 15
members was achieved in order to petition the National AACA for a
The following individuals were part of the
original 15 members:
William M. Cryan, Caryl Paul, Garold Seifert, Dorothy Cryan, Howard
Holmes, Dr. Robert Britt, Rudy Ribbeck, Franklin Schweitzer, Stephen
Schimolski, Frank Stabell.
The Club was first organized under the name of
Lake Erie Region of Western New York, and three years later it was
changed to Lake Erie Region of AACA.
Our First Officers
from 1952 to 1953
|Secretary / Treasurer
|Three Executive Board Members
||Dr. Robert Britt, Caryl Paul,
In 1952, local dues were $1.50 a year and national dues
were $6.00 a year.